Skip to content
- The advertiser/applicant may cancel the order at any time prior to the material submission deadline date subject to such cancellation being in writing communicated to HM prior to the said date AND subject to such cancellation being accompanied by the payment of 50% of the value of the order plus VAT thereon. Failing payment aforesaid simultaneous with timeous notice of cancellation, the advertiser /applicant shall be liable for payment of the total value of the order placed notwithstanding any purported cancellation.
- No alteration of whatsoever nature or description may be made to the order, once accepted, unless such alteration(s) is in writing and agreed to by the signature of both parties recorded and contained in one and the same document.
- HM reserves the right to withhold publication of any advertisement/inserts and to cancel any advertisement/inserts order which has been accepted without assigning any reasons therefore. No liability is accepted for losses or damages suffered by the advertiser directly, indirectly nor consequently arising from or out of omissions, failure to publish, publication or incorrect material, typographical errors, positioning of an advertisement and/or any mistake/error of whatever kind or nature .
- Acceptance of an order shall only occur once HM has duly considered and approved the order.
- No advertisement orders containing the condition that editorial/write-up space will be dedicated to the Advertiser, or any other conditions relating to positioning, will be accepted and /or binding on HM unless such condition(s) is in writing and agreed to by the signature of both parties recorded and contained in one and the same document.
- The Advertiser will furnish print-ready advertising copy material for processing before the material submission deadline date. Should the advertiser have any doubt as to the form or content of material to be supplied, the advertiser shall contact the HM Production Department on 021-4160141. In the event of a colour correct proof not being supplied by the advertiser, in such event colour accuracy of the printed advertisement cannot be assured.
- HM does not guarantee any results in respect of advertisements inserted in any of its magazines and/or supplements.
- The Advertiser consents that HM as credit grantor may: (i) perform any credit search on the Advertiser’s record with any registered Credit Bureau when assessing the Advertiser’s application; (ii) monitor the Advertiser’s payment behaviour by searching the record at any Credit Bureau; (iii) use new information and data obtained from any Credit Bureau in respect of any future credit applications by the Advertiser; (iv) record the existence of the Advertiser’s account with any Credit Bureau; (v) record and transmit details of how the account is conducted by the Advertiser in meeting obligations on the account; (vi) use information obtained from any Credit Bureau to assess future credit applications by the Advertiser; (vii) the Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that any information regarding its credit worthiness, defaults in payment and any other details of how its account with HM is conducted may be disclosed to any Credit Bureau; (viii) HM shall not be liable for any damages that the Advertiser may suffer arising out of HM performing the abovementioned functions.
- A certificate signed by a responsible official of HM will be prima facie proof of the amount plus interest due by the advertiser at any time.
- All rates are strictly nett. Accounts will be rendered monthly and are payable within 30 days of date of invoice. Interest on arrears shall be payable at maximum rates as determined by the National Credit Agreements Act, Act No 34 of 2005.
- In the event of payment not being made by the Advertiser on/before the due date, the full balance outstanding will immediately become due, owing and payable.
- The Advertiser will be liable for all and any damages and costs (including but not limited to legal costs) that may arise from any action which may be instituted against HM as a result of the publication of an advertisement.
- The Advertiser consents to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate`s Court, notwithstanding the possibility that any amount claimed could fall outside the jurisdiction of the Magistrate`s Court, and further undertakes to pay all legal expensed incurred, including cost on an attorney-client scale, collection charges and tracing fees, in the recovery of all amounts due to HM.
- The Advertiser undertakes to notify HM in writing within 7 (seven) days of any change of address.
- The Advertiser warrants the authority of the signatory to this Agreement and warrants the correctness of the information in this application.
- The physical address contained on page 1, is chosen by the advertiser as domicilium citandi et executandi for any purpose, action or payment as far as this application is concerned.
- HM reserves the right to charge additional postage costs on inserts that weigh more than prescribe weight.
- No variations/additions/amendments of/to the above Terms & Conditions shall be of any force or effect unless reduced to writing and signed by the Advertiser and HM Executive Management, contained in one and the same document.